Here at Kennington Osteopaths and Physiotherapy we like to think of physiotherapy as a journey. No matter which stage of your life you are at, whether you are a young professional with no strings or a soon-to-be parent with a lot of worries, a three day old newborn or an older retired grandparent, we can rehab you!
Different age groups are very likely to have their own unique types of issues. Kennington Osteopaths and Physiotherapy have in-depth experience in a wide range of specialisms and with our highly qualified and talented team of practitioners can make sure your needs and questions get the right answers.
Physiotherapy for All Ages
Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of conditions that you may not have considered, for example;
An expectant mother could suffer from any of the following:
- PGP (pelvic girdle pain)
- Late stage pregnancy-related lower back pain
- Rib cage tightness and rib pain (your abdomen growing bigger can compress your diaphragm)
- Leg tiredness and swelling (drainage massage really helps!)
Stressed, desk bound workers often suffer from some of the following:
- Upper shoulder tightness and pain
- Tension headache
- Upper back or lower back pain which is worsened by prolonged sitting
- Shoulder, elbow or wrist pain which is aggravated by typing/mouse work (also known as repetitive strain injury – RSI)
Senior individuals/grandparents who suffer from a number of age related complaints:
- Hand stiffness and deformities due to osteoarthritis
- Knee or hip pain exacerbated by walking and/or climbing stairs (or pushing your grandchildren’s buggies!)
- Neck, lower and/or upper back chronic stiffness and aches
- Joint and muscle pain following surgical procedures.
We can help!
Our practitioners have an integrated approach to treatment which means that their tools range from manual therapy to exercise prescription, from dry needling acupuncture to craniosacral therapy, from advice and education on the correct work desk set up to post-surgical rehab.
Without doubt everybody can benefit from physiotherapy, so if you have queries and would like to discuss with us how we can help you, your child, your partner, aunty or granny just give us a call or book an appointment please use the form below.