When do Home Visits Help?
We are always looking at ways to improve our service and make our therapies available to all. Another beneficial service we offer is the facility to visit you in your own home when getting to the practice here in Kennington is just not straightforward. This isn’t solely to carry out a treatment in situ but also to understand your problem and to offer advice, support and solutions to getting you mobile again.
Here are a number of examples of when it’s a good idea to request a home visit:
- You have suffered a sport/activity injury and you are bed bound but really want to have professional help as soon as possible.
- You are an older person with restricted mobility who prefers to get treatment within the safety of their own home.
- You have been discharged from hospital after musculoskeletal surgery and would like to get ready for rehab but you still have very restricted mobility.
- You are preparing for surgery and would like a professional to assess your house environment and advise on ergonomics and safety.
- You are at the very late stages of a pregnancy and your back really hurts.
- Your baby was born 2 days ago, it’s very cold outside and you would like a paediatric osteopath to come and advice on colic pain.
Of course, there are many reasons why a home visit may be preferable so please call us to discuss your situation and we will endeavour to provide you with the best solution. Recovering from any of the above can take some time, starting as soon as possible shortens your healing time and optimises your outcomes.
Areas of Home Visits Covered
The areas that we cover are mainly Kennington, Lambeth, Vauxhall, Oval and Elephant and Castle. The fee is based on travel time plus treatment time and our reception team will be able to work this out for you and quote accordingly.
If you would like to know more or book an appointment please use the form below. Or tune in next week for more insightful info on the type of services we offer.