How to Achieve Post Surgical Recovery
At some point in our lives some of us may face the prospect of surgery being the best solution to repairing a body part after injury, illness or through wear and tear. Whilst this can be a painful and traumatic time there are a number of initiatives and therapies that can be used to speed up the healing process and ensure that you achieve the best recovery possible from your surgical procedure.
Why early osteopathy and physiotherapy treatment is so important in post surgical recovery?
- It enhances the inherent self healing mechanisms of your body.
- It considerably speeds up the recovery process.
- It helps the draining of the inflammatory fluid that naturally forms on the surgical site.
- It prevents scar tissue from forming hard and inflexible, hence preventing future restrictions of movement and further possible injury.
- It promotes a physiological production of synovial fluid, our joints’ natural lubricant.
- It makes you feel committed to your own recovery.
- Gentle strengthening exercises will help your muscles engage again from day one.
- You will learn what to do and what not to do during the delicate first phase after surgery.
- You will feel guided and safely looked after.
A big step in your recovery is made with the understanding of your own condition. Early care is the key to it.
Our highly skilled practitioners are experienced in the rehabilitation treatment for many types of surgeries. If you’re having planned surgery, why not get in touch to see how we can assist in putting together a post operative rehabilitation plan. If you’ve had surgery that was unplanned or urgent we can still advise and help get you back up and running in no time.
If you would like to know more about post surgical recovery plans or simply book an appointment please use the form below. Or tune in next week for more insightful info on the type of services we offer.