Physiotherapy and Osteopathy – When? Why? Which?
We’re often asked what’s the best treatment for various ailments and find there can be some confusion as to whether Physio or Osteo is the best way forward. Either therapy can be used in some cases but there are subtle differences. Here’s a quick checklist to decipher which treatment is best for you although feel free to get in touch to discuss your needs with one of our brilliant therapists.
4 Reasons to see either / or a Physiotherapist or Osteopath:
- lower back pain with or without sciatic pain
- neck and shoulder pain
- sports and accidental injury
4 Reasons to see an Osteopath:
- visceral osteopathy for abdominal or pelvic organ problems
- cranio-sacral osteopathy for the management of head, face and pelvic floor problems
- palpation led myofascial release
- biopsychosocial led diagnosis
4 Reasons to see a Physiotherapist:
- post-operative rehab
- functional movement training
- scar and deep tissue release
- lymphatic drainage